Goal: Accessible and safe drinking water for all residents of Tuboran, Mahayag, ZDS
General Objective: To improve the access to safe water in Barangay Tuboran, Mahayag, ZDS by year 2020
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #1: To increase the number of households connected to the spring water source at least per purok.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #2: To enhance the knowledge, attitude, and practices of residents on environment sanitation.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #3: To increase the number of households practicing water purification from 10% to 50%.
CONNECT: TUBIG PARA SA PAMAYANAN
• Baseline Survey
• Coordination with the local government and proposal of resolutions on building main faucet connections for each purok through water pipe lines.
• Procurement of budget for equipment needed (i.e. pumps and pipes) and infrastructure construction
CHECK: MALINIS NA KAPALIGIRAN, LIGTAS NA TUBIG SA TAHANAN
• Microbiological analysis of the local water system
• Dissemination of microbial tests results for each purok
• Monitoring scheme thru barangay officials in maintaining cleanliness of water catchment areas per purok and water storage containers
• Discussion on resolutions and budget allocation for regular checking of identified main water sources in the barangay
CLEAN: SODIS PARA MALINIS
• Building of water tanks with filters on distant puroks with limited access to clean and safe water
• Introduce different water purification methods during community assembly
Goal: Utilization of the local health services by all people in Barangay Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur
General Objective: To improve the functionality of barangay health care system for the residents of Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga Del Sur by 2020
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #1: To increase the number of health workers of Barangay Tuboran by 2018
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #2: To improve the barangay health station in terms of equipped and conducive infrastructure in delivering health care services particularly on immunization and prenatal care services.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #3: To improve the competency of health personnel in delivering basic services in terms of immunization and prenatal services by 2018
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #4: To improve the knowledge of the residents of the available services of the barangay health station
- Identification of people in the community to be potential health personnel (BHW & BNS)
- To conduct seminar on the benefits and training for traditional healers to be additional support for health personnel
- To establish a system monitoring the quality of performance of health personnel
- To assist in the modification and improving the schedule system of the health personnel
- Beautification of the barangay health station to be more conducive for delivery of services
- Building a health board for any updates and information
- Provision of first aid kit, BP apparatus and other equipment for the barangay health station
- Creation of a filing system for the record keeping of the health information of the residents
- Establishing a communication line in the Barangay Health Station
- Conduct seminar and workshop training for Barangay Health Workers
- Improving and clarifying the referral scheme to higher-level health care facility
- Barangay-wide dissemination of information regarding the available services offered
- Conduct a program to welcome newly appointed and trained health personnel
- Creation of a core group to facilitate the health leaders in delivering services
- Creation of a HEALTH CONSCIOUSNESS DAY in the Barangay of Tuboran
GOAL: To make hypertensives aware of their hypertensive status and provide adequate treatment to those who are diagnosed.
General Obective: To increase the number of individuals with cotrolled hypertension in Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #1: To create a detection and monitoring scheme for hypertensives in Barangay Tuboran
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #2: To improve knowledge of the general population on hypertension in Barangay Tuboran
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #3: To promote a healthy lifestyle among hypertensives by targeting their risk factors
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #4: To improve pharmacologic treatment of diagnosed hypertensives in Barangay Tuboran
- Conduct a barangay-wide hypertension registry
- Create a group named “Bantay-Suroy para sa BP (BSBP)” and equip them with necessary knowledge skills to take blood pressures accurately
- Procure BP Apparatuses
- Create a health bulletin per purok called “Kahimsog nga Suok”
- Conduct an interactive group discussion on Non-Communicable Diseases, entitled “High Blood ug uban pang sakit sa Pinoy” this will be done purok by purok
- To promote physical activity among 18 years old and above
- To promote a healthy diet
- To promote smoking cessationCoordination with the RHU on registration of identified hypertensives in Tuboran, referral system for check-up, and process for acquisition of mediciation
- Create a Botika ng Barangay
Goal: High facility-based deliveries among mothers in Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur by 2020.
General Objective: To promote facility-based deliveries among mothers in Barangay Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #1: To increase the percentage of facility-based deliveries from 18% to 90% by year 2020.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #2: To increase the number of deliveries attended by a skilled birth attendant from 17.54% to 80% by 2020.
- Improve the knowledge of women of reproductive age about the DOH’s Integrated Maternal, Newborn and Child Health & Nutrition services
- Improve the knowledge of fathers on their role in their partner’s pregnancy
- Improve the competencies of the Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT) preparedness in times of obstetric emergencies
- Implement a Buntis Baby Bank (BBB) Program
- Involve the hilots in referring patients to a skilled birth attendant
- Identify the common problems which hinder mothers to visit the BHS for postnatal care
- Improve knowledge on postnatal care
- Develop an innovative program to encourage women to go to the BHS for PNC
Goal: A cleaner environment for the people of Barangay Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur
General Objective: To promote long-term solutions to the existing waste disposal problems in Barangay Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur by year 2020.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #1 : To determine the kinds of wastes generated in the barangay
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #2: To improve existing knowledge and practices of local residents toward proper waste segregation in the barangay
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #3: To improve the waste disposal system in Barangay Tuboran, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE #4:To promote recycling and recovery programs in the community
- Conduct a school campaign on solid waste management
- Conduct a purok campaign on solid waste management
- Coordinate with the Barangay Officials regarding the existing ordinances and plans on Solid Waste Management in the barangay
- Present WACS result and the proposed plans to address the problem on solid waste management of the barangay to the community people through Barangay Assembly
- Form a task group responsible for SWM “Basura Busters” per purok
- Promote alternative ways of utilizing biodegradable wastes such as composting
- Coordinate with the LGU regarding garbage collection schedules
- Conduct a community-wide clean-up activity
- Conduct a waste analysis and characterization study (WACS) to 30 households from different puroks
- Establish Community Resource Recovery Center (CRRC) in every purok, barrio hall, school and resorts
- Promote recycling of non-biodegradable wastes
- Coordinate with junk shop owners in purchasing recyclables from the different households as part of the barangay’s solid waste management program
- Promote waste reduction and waste segregation at household level
- Promote the utilization of cloth bags or baskets and ban the use of plastic bags